Decide whether the following statements are true or false and explain why they are true or false.
1. Darwin was the individual that came up with the idea of evolution.
2. Organisms are somehow directing their own evolution.
3. Evolution is moving toward a goal.
4. Species normally evolve smoothly and directly into new species.
5. The fossil record gives a complete picture of evolution.
6. The best evidence that evolution is true are the marvelous adaptations that have arisen through time.
7. Evolution can only be said to occur when you get a new species forming.
8. Natural Selection is the only process that can cause evolution.